Kid strategy of the week:
- Video: Inside Out: Guess the Feelings
- Scavenger Hunt: have the child search around the house for these items and share them with you:
Couples strategy of the week:
- Help couples figure out similarities and differences in their attachment styles, and process how their attachment styles may play impact their relationship dynamics.
- Attachment Styles Assessment: https://dianepooleheller.com/attachment-test/
- Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2s9ACDMcpjA
Adult strategy of the week:
- Many people are experiencing high levels of stress right now. Sometimes, we are not even aware of the ways that our bodies and minds are reacting to stress. Use this worksheet to recognize signs of stress and discuss coping strategies for reducing stress and establishing healthy coping strategies
Mindfulness/Meditation of the week:
● Loving Kindness Meditation
This loving kindness practice involves silently repeating phrases that offer good qualities to oneself and to others.
Let’s begin by settling into a comfortable position, whatever feels right for your body. Bring attention to your breath. Notice the still points between your breaths. Breathe in through the nose to the count of 4 and out to the count of 6. Focusing on the still place between breaths.
- Now shifting attention to our thoughts. Begin by taking delight in your own goodness—calling to mind things you have done out of good-heartedness, and rejoicing in those memories to celebrate the potential for goodness we all share.
- Silently recite a phrase that reflects what we wish most deeply for ourselves in an enduring way. Some examples are:
• May I live in safety.
• May I have mental peace
• May I have physical health
• May I live with ease.
- Repeat a phrase with enough space and silence between breaths so they fall into a rhythm that is pleasing to you. Directing your attention to one phrase and breath at a time.
- Each time you notice your attention has wandered, be kind to yourself and let go of the distraction. Come back to repeating the phrase without judgment.
- (Few more breaths) … now, visualize yourself in the center of a circle composed of those who have been kind to you, or have inspired you because of their love. Perhaps you’ve met them, or read about them; perhaps they live now, or have existed historically or even mythically. That is the circle. As you visualize yourself in the center of it, experience yourself as the recipient of their love and attention. Keep gently repeating the phrase of loving kindness for yourself.
(few breaths) Slowly transitioning out of the visualization, and simply keep repeating the phrases for a few more breaths. Each time you do so, you are transforming your old relationship to yourself, and are moving forward, sustained by the force of kindness and compassion inward.