When asking individuals on how they experience the physical symptoms-of-stress, here are some of the most common responses:
- Chronic aches and pain
- Physical and/ or mental exhaustion
- Difficulty sleeping
- Panic attacks
- Muscle tension
- Changes in libido
- Frequent sickness
- Digestive issues
- Chest pain
- Accelerated heartbeat
- High blood pressure
The list goes on…and this does not even include the mental health-related symptoms such as anxiety, depression, irritability, and anger!
The physical symptoms of stress are not fun but fortunately, there are strategies that can help manage them.
Here are Five Ways you can Manage Physical Symptoms of Stress
- Talk to your doctor. Your doctor can help diagnose and treat underlying medical causes, provide additional referrals, and medical advice for managing symptoms.
- Talk to a mental health professional. A therapist can address mental health and physical health symptoms associated with stressors through psychotherapy interventions “talk therapy”, mind-body interventions, and stress-management. You can click the schedule now button in the top corner to get started with a therapist at CARE Counseling.
- Identify the biggest sources of stress to help tailor an action plan. These can be integrated as focus areas as part of your individual goals for well-being.
- Make lifestyle long-lasting lifestyle changes. Changes in your eating habits, exercise habits, and sleep cycles can make a significant impact on the physical symptoms associated with stress.
- Incorporate relaxation into your daily routine. Mindful meditation, deep breathing, breaks from stressful activities, and planned time for fun can help you relax and recharge.
Written By : Charlotte Johnson, MA, LPCC
We’re Here to help
Our wellness experts will be happy to take care of you. You can CLICK HERE to schedule an appointment now or call (612)223-8898.
We’re united by our commitment to providing effective, relevant, and innovative mental health support at all stages of your journey. Click Here to find out more about who we are, where we come from, and how we live out CARE’s mission every day.
The professionals at CARE are actively collecting and creating resources to help with what you need. We’re Here for You.
CARE COUNSELING LOCATIONS
Edina : 3601 Minnesota Dr., Ste.575, Edina, MN 55435
Bloomington : 7400 109th Street West, Bloomington, MN 55438
Loring Park : 310 Clifton Ave, Minneapolis, MN 55403
Mankato : 1650 Madison Ave, Suite 102, Mankato, Minnesota, 56001
Mendota Heights : 1155 Northland Dr., Mendota Heights, MN 55120
Minneapolis : 204 W Franklin Ave, Minneapolis, MN, 55404
Plymouth : Coming Soon
St. Louis Park : 7601 Wayzata Blvd, Minneapolis, MN 55426
Please contact Thera-PAY, our billing provider (218) 301-3164