There are 3 steps when scheduling a reoccurring telehealth appointment on Zoom, step by step instructions for these are below. If the therapist is scheduling their own Zoom appointments step 3 can be skipped.
1) How To: Telehealth – Recurring appointments on Zoom
Steps for scheduling recurring appointments:
- Set up the recurring appointment in Zoom (reference “How To: Telehealth-Zoom” for detailed guidance).
- Insert the zoom link & number of occurrences into the TN appointment note for the 1st appointment in the series.
- Note: there is one link for the series.
- Email the client using the “client email template” below. BCC the clinician to the email.
- Send an additional email to the clinician with instructions about the recurring appointment. Use the “clinician email template.”
2) Client Email Template:
Subject line: [Ct Initials] – Recurring Appointment with CLINICIAN NAME
You have been scheduled for a series of Telehealth appointments with CLINICIAN NAME at TIME (CST) on DAY OF THE WEEK starting DATE OF FIRST APPT through DATE OF FINAL APPT. These appointments are scheduled FREQUENCY.
Join URL: INSERT LINK
Please click on the link above to join the session. The link above will be used for every upcoming appointment- please keep this email as a reference.
If you are using a computer, the video conference should open automatically with you only needing to click ‘Join from your Browser’. Please click on the ‘allow’ the use of your camera and microphone.
If you are using an Android or Apple Phone or Tablet you can download the app or just click on the URL above.
Feel free to reference the following links when getting set up with Zoom: About Telehealth.
3) Clinician Email Template (if your admin are setting up the appointments)
Subject line: Recurring Telehealth Appointment Information: [Ct Initials]
We have set up a series of telehealth sessions for you and your client in Zoom. There is ONE link to join these sessions. The link can be found in the following locations: 1) The comments of the appointment in Therapy Notes (same link has been inserted for each app and 2) The email sent to the client.
See below for the specifics of your recurring telehealth appointments:
- Day of week, time, frequency:
This series is set up in Zoom to reoccur for 8 dates. The final appointment date is noted in the comments of Therapy Notes. If you would like to extend the recurring appointment with the client, please email admin staff to set up more appointments. If a client misses a telehealth appointment, Zoom will not automatically add an additional appointment.
Let me know if you have any questions!